50th Birthday
10 September 2026
My 50th birthday ...........I just could not believe the birthday I had. Woohhhooohhhh.................... My goodness what planning, what precision and what co-ordination by three of my sweetest.
Let me start from the midnight of 9th September. I had no idea what was going to be the plan for midnight. I had told many times to Kavita that even my 50th birthday should be like any other birthday. But I was about to get the pleasant surprise today.
As usual I went to bed by 10:30 or may be even earlier. Rutuja, Neil, Kavita were waiting for me to hit the bed. They ensured the wall in the living room is decorated with lots of balloons and jazzy flowing sliver linings along with HAPPY BIRTHDAY sign. They wore the special t-shirts with my younger days pictures printed on it. Brilliant idea.
Right at the stroke of midnight, Rutuja, Neil, Kavita, Aai, Dada and to my utter surpise Vedu and Vidya woke me up from my slumber and started wishing happy birthday for me. I was trying to grasp what is going on. So after couple of moments I realized it is the start of my 50th birthday. It was such a cool feeling to wake up in the middle of night and greeted by birthday wishes. The cake cutting at midnight was the start of a cracking day in store. The happiness was clearly visible on my face. You may wanna check this photo
After the chitchat for around an hour and half with everyone, I really struggled to go to sleep. I thought this is the birthday done. How wonderfully wrong I was.
In the afternoon when I rerturned home, I was busy replying to messages received on WhatsApp and calling people back who were calling to wish me on my birthday. Was actually busy opening the bouquets and cakes from Vipul and Vaibhav, gifts from Vaishu and gifts from Tathes. I understood why children are so happy when they open the gifts. My entusiasm was no less than a child's.
Kavita cajoled me in going out for dinner. When I asked her if I shall do the booking, she refused. I did not understood that aspect, but I just decided to go with the flow. They asked me to drive to The Caravan Menu restaurant in Thane. They had invited Suresh, Deepu & family and Tathe family for the wonderfully organized dinner.
I was just soaking in the atmosphere of my birthday. It was such a fantastic feeling to see all of them waiting for all of us before we head to dinner. I was treated like a rockstar for rest of the evening. The food beginning with starters just kept getting better and better. I did not hold myself back in savouring the food. I believe amongst all of us Dadu Dada and Rugved enjoyed the food the most. It was absolutely fulfilling experience. Vedu was zapped after seeing how many prawns I actually finished. Three generations of people were enjoying the great ocassion of my 50th birthday. This was the whole gang for the great ocassion.
I received loads and loads of gifts from everyone and I was simply dazed or simply overwhelmed. I really tried hard to control my tears rolling down my cheeks, now I know what is meaning of Khushi ke aansoo....But I did well I guess.
I used to feel that my birthday was a special day but there was hardly anything else on that day. I always used to wonder what's the fuss about birthdays and why do people celebrate milestone birthdays. I felt why to wait for gifting someone on their birthday and why it can't be done on other days. For me it was "No Dramas" mate type of feeling.
However when Rutuja was busy doing all the prep and Kavita overseeing her prep and Neil chipping in with his ideas, it must have taken a lot of efforts. They not only reached out to my friends and gathered their thoughts for me, but put me on a special edition of my own Vogue magazine.
Now, even in my wildest imaginary creation, I would never put myself on the cover of Vogue. Beat that.....
Rutuja, Kavita and Neil have reached out to many of my friends to collect wishes for my 50th special birthday. This Vogue Magazine featuring Yogesh Mahajan and lovely wishes from Rohit, Rohan, Aayaa, Mangs, Vaibhav, Amol, Suresh, Vaishu, Vedu, Deepu, Aai, Dada, and two of my rockstars Neil and Rutuja. Everyone was very very kind to pour their heartfelt words for me. It was an absolutely amazing and out of the world feeling to know that you are such a nice human being.
I enjoyed the roasting by Neil the most. Many people over years have pulled my leg but getting one from your own son, is simply giggling feeling. It was absolutely hilarious. The note from the editor, Rutuja was as usal heart touching and eloquent and clearly showing that she is studying in St. Xavier's. I mean it sweets.
This magazine was the last gift of the day and certainly the most precious gift I have recieved on the day or till this day.
I feel so grateful that Bappa has shown me this day.
As usually has happend with me, even when I would have described to Bappa about how I wanted my 50th birthday or on so many other things in my life, I could not have got what Bappa gave me on each and every occassion. So the best thing is to stay grateful.
Heartfelt thanks to my three rockstars Kavita, Neil and Rutuja. And just a wee little thanks to my better version as I call her, my Rutuja. You have done so much for this day to make sure I will never forget my 50th birthday.
One for my original sweetheart who always stays in the background and really prefers to take zero credit for so many great things in my life. I don't know how my life would have been without my Kavita. She is the glue who is holding the entire family together. Isn't that unselfish, caring and so loving. She is just busy doing what she does best and that is Loving her family without anything in return.
Tere bina zindagi se koi shikawa nahi...Tere bina zindagi bhi lekin zindagi nahi...Love you OS.
I love my Rutuja, I love my Neil, I love my Kavita and I love my family !!!!





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home