My Photo
Name:
Location: Mumbai, India

Thursday, March 18, 2021

Last Day in OFSS

Today 19-March-2021 is my last day in Oracle Financial Services Softwares. 

It was all credit to people like Vipul, Vaibhav & Rohan who had pushed my resume. After interviews I was all set to join on 4-Oct-2010.  

The journey professionally has been really rewarding. I got to work in many different aspects of Retail Banking before settling into Collections module for last 6 plus years. Role of Product Manager has really put me on next pedestal. But that was just a byproduct.

The amount of fun I had in the organization & with friends was simply awesome. I remember the gala lunches in Balaji and then to Nirlon Canteen. The dinner or drinks session in Cooling Tower Cafe were so great. It was awesome to organize, co-ordinate and host such lunches & dinners. Special thanks to Rohan, Vaibhav, Vipul, Aby, Vartak, Deven and Amitabh for those memories.

The FS Team was so straight jacketed at times. It was all so formal and so very plastic at times. I am glad that people changed their attitude over a period of time. I was glad to be part of that team with refreshed attitude and even gladder to be one of the reason for change. We certainly bought the new thoughts and started mingling whole lot better. The social outings surely made everyone to come out of their shell and be themselves. Many more meal gatherings, birthday celebrations, dinner parties and even picnics were great fun. It helped team to bond even more. 

Collections team, my product team which was so new to me when I joined them. But slowly the entire team warmed up to me. They started trusting me more and more as the time went on. I also felt obliged to provide them with right artefacts backed by sound research. I certainly feel the product which I had taken up is lot better when I am leaving. So its reasonable to say I took the product forward.

Big reason for that is John Mays. He is not only the best in product strategy folks I had dealt with but he is also one of the best in industry. His vast knowledge and super confidence rubbed on me. It reflected when I stood in front of prospects to demonstrate the product. The win of KeyBank was a true indicator of our hard work and sincere efforts. Those trips to Cleveland enhanced my professional reputation but also allowed me to spend time with Mangs & Prachi. The last trip to Cleveland with Kavita was a nice cherry on the cake. I am so pleased that me and Kavita could spend a week with Mangs & Prachi at their beautiful home in Cleveland.

I also must say that I somehow got emotionally attached with the product and started to take personally. It is never a good situation to be in. But then life do teach you some good lessons. I remember I spoke to so many of my well wishers about next move. Finally, I could manage to find a new job which will allow me to pursue my dream to be in the Product Development space. For this a big credit goes to Yogesh Ayachit, who kept pushing and nudging me in the right directions. I finally made up my mind and took up the offer.

Today, at my farewell everyone spoke so very nicely about me. Everyone described me as cool, calm and composed person who never gets angry. It was such nice gesture from everyone to highlight qualities which I never knew I had :) 

It just told me that I am a nice person. So keep going Greatyogs !!!

Thank you OFSS for all the learnings, great memories, superb life lessons and many more friends for life. Again I feel I got more than I deserved !

On to new journey ....Odessa !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home